Fabric Screen Dividers
- Project: Office Screening, British Council Edinburgh
- Description: Fabric Screen Dividers
- Client: The British Council
- Location: Edinburgh
- Applications: Screen Divider
- Fabric: 450 Natte / E-Screen
- Frame: Powder-Coated Mild Steel
- Ref: 1026
These interior office screens commissioned for the British council were produced to soften and divide the harsh interior concrete environment of their office building.
Freestanding and lightweight, the screens can be repositioned when space requirements change.
The screen itself is manufactured from powder-coated mild steel with an aluminium extrusion which allows the fabric to be slid into place.
The curved form of the screens, as well as making them stable, encourages the double curve in the fabric thereby increasing tension.
Natte fabric was used to give a relative feeling of privacy, though its mesh qualities do not block important light transmission.