Temporary Protective Canopy
- Project: Roof Canopy, St Margaret's Church
- Description: Temporary Protective Canopy
- Client: The Blackheath Historic Buildings Trust
- Location: Lewisham
- Applications: Sunshade Canopy
- Fabric: PVC Coated Polyester
- Frame: Aluminium
- Fixings: Aluminium Extrusion
- Ref: 1748
This specialist project was requested by the Blackheath Historic Buildings Trust. The request was to create a roof to be placed on the turret of this historic church building in order to protect its exposed interior, whilst taking into consideration the fragility of the masonary.
Therefore, this structure needed to be carefully designed in order for it to be firmly fixed into place with as little damage and as lightweight as possible.
Therefore Research Design designed a scheme that answered this brief, asking Tensilefabric to manufacture the 3m x 3m Aluminium and PVC canopy, which provided a simple yet appropriate 'lid' to the structure. It was fixed in place by the site contractor.