Acoustic Fabric Screen
- Project: School Acoustics, Sparsholt College
- Description: Acoustic Fabric Screen
- Client: Sparsholt College
- Location: Sparsholt
- Applications: Screen Divider Acoustic
- Fabric: Digital Canvas
- Frame: Aluminium extrusion
- Ref: 1538
This interior double curved screen was commissioned to acoustically divide the main library area from a quiet study area.
The original material was to be a PVC coated glass. However, after some development, the more forgiving qualities of Digital Canvas proved to be a better solution. Aluminum extrusion was used both to the top and the bottom to provide a flat but curved profile in order to follow the roof's curved shape.
This is a great example of how a single layer of fabric can provide an effective acoustic barrier within a space.